GSC Program Terms of Service
The Good Shepherd Collective (hereinafter referred to as “GSC”), their agents, officials, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, servants or representatives (hereinafter refer to as “The Releasees”) are not responsible for any death, injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person while participating in GSC events and all related activities of GSC, including injury, loss or damage which might be caused by the negligence of THE RELEASEES.
GSC includes in this definition of events and all related activities of GSC transportation to and from events on occasion by bus, taxi, and individual transportation by volunteers, visits to several communities, accommodations, travel on public transportation, and other activities as determined by the GSC organizers.
DESCRIPTION OF RISKS
In consideration of your participation in GSC programs and all related activities, you acknowledge that you are aware of the possible RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS associated with GSC programs and all related activities including THE POSSIBLE RISK OF SEVERE OR FATAL INJURY TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS. These risks include, but are not limited to:
- Risks associated with travel to and from all venues of the various components including transport by public or private motor vehicle which could include but are not limited to an accident resulting in severe physical injuries or death;
• Food-related illness resulting from any meal arranged for you by GSC organizers and partners;
• Muscular injuries and soft tissue injuries, broken bones, bruises, scrapes, cuts, sprains, dislocation, head, facial eye and/or dental injuries which might result from participation in GSC programs;
• Injuries resulting from falling or being knocked down or steep steps where a fall may cause injury or death;
• Injuries resulting from rough terrain, failure to see an obstacle, failure to negotiate a turn, etc.;
• Injuries resulting from walking on a hill, slipping and/or falling;
• Injuries resulting from malfunctioning of equipment or misuse of equipment whether owned, designed or operated by myself or the staff of the Releasees;
• Changes in weather or temperatures which may result in hypothermia, frostbite, windburn, sunburn, colds or flu;
• Death, injuries or illness resulting from failure to follow directions from those in charge of the program and all related activities;
• The risks associated with returning to my residence after participating in the program and/or related activities; and
• Other risks associated with being a spectator of or being present at a crowded, outdoor or indoor venue.
- Political deportation or a travel ban issued by the State of Israel, incarceration, or political persecution.
MEDICAL/HEALTH & TRAVEL INSURANCE
1. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE to select and purchase adequate medical/health insurance. The Releasees will provide no medical/health insurance. In the event of a medical/health problem, the Releasees accept no responsibility for any costs associated with a medical/health problem nor will they pay for any medical/health expenses that may be incurred by the participant.
2. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE to select and purchase adequate travel insurance. The Releasees will provide no travel insurance. The travel insurance should provide cover against theft, personal accident, personal liability, repatriation and cancellation of tickets among other coverages. The Releasees accept no responsibility for any costs associated with these types of problems nor will they pay for any expenses that may be incurred by the participant relating to these areas.
YOU freely accept and assume all responsibility to provide YOURSELF with medical/health and travel insurance coverage.
INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In return for allowing YOU to voluntarily participate in the program and all related activities, YOU agree:
1. TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising out of, associated with or related to YOUR participation in GSC program and all related activities, even though such risks may be caused by the negligence of the Releasees;
2. TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE which YOU might sustain while participating in GSC program and all related activities, even though such injury, loss or damage may have been caused by the negligence of The Releasees;
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the personal property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from YOUR participation in the GSC program and all related activities;
4. TO HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND RELEASE THE RELEASEES, their officers, directors, agents, volunteers, employees and representatives from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of YOUR participation in GSC program and all related activities, even though such claims, demands, actions and costs may be been caused by the negligence of The Releasees.
YOU agree to advise the organizers of the Event prior to the start of the activity of any existing medical conditions or injury
By making a payment or participating, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT, that YOU have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.